You have no items in your shopping cart.
What type of fireplace do you have?
Masonry (Brick Firebox)
- Masonry fireplaces have a brick firebox and chimney so cooling and ventilation is not an issue.
- You will need to decide whether you want an overlap or inside fit door. An overlap door fits outside the firebox resting on the front of your fireplace. An inside fit provides a cleaner look and mounts just inside the opening of your fireplace fitting flush with the fireplace.
- Installation will also require masonry drill bit and anchor screw to mounting the door in your fireplace.
Factory (Metal Firebox)
- Factory or Prefab fireplaces have a metal firebox and chimney. Because metal is a good heat conductor, they require proper ventilation for cooling and safety. (Fireboxes can get up to 1300 degrees)
- Some factory fireplaces are ready made for doors to be installed. Many times you can get ready made doors that pop right in to your fireplace and already have a track to slide in. If not there are lots of doors that come with a frame that will fit into your fireplace.
- An easy way to shop for doors is to start by finding the dog tag in your fireplace to get your model number.
Main Door Resources
- How to choose a prefab fireplace door
- Prefab Doors we offer
- Fireplace Doors: Replace Glass or Get New Doors?
- Fireplace Replacement Doors without a frame
- Fireplace Replacement Doors - FAQ
- Replace Broken Fireplace Glass - New Doors vs Changing the Glass
- How to measure for fireplace doors
- Installing a prefab fireplace door
- What to expect when installing fireplace doors.
- Customer Door Stories
- Airtight Fireplace Doors
- Fireplace Doors Cheap
- Fireplace Mesh Doors
- Mesh Screens Vs. Glass Doors
- Fireplace Doors: Open or closed
- How to remove Fireplace Doors and Frame: Step By Step
- Forged Iron Fireplace Doors
Buying a Factory Built Fireplace Door
- A factory built fireplace door has a metal chimney and front face with refractory panels lining the firebox.
- Remember, correct size is critical for proper fit, ventilation, & performance.
- We specialize in affordable fireplace doors priced under $500.
- We encourage our customers to shop the competition and compare prices.
What are Bi-Fold Fireplace Doors?
How To Measure For Factory Doors
- Follow the instructions in this short video that explains how to properly measure for factory built zero clearance fireplace doors.
- We will be glad to help you in any part of the door ordering process.
- How to Measure your fireplace for new or replacement doors
How To Install Factory Fireplace Doors
- Installing factory built fireplace doors is simple
- A screwdriver, a drill, and a little time and you can install doors yourself, quickly and easily.
- How to Install Fireplace Glass Doors
How to Measure and Install Masonry Fireplace Doors
How to place fireplace doors into the new frame
Do I need a frame or can I just get the glass?
- Frames are required for about 90% of all door orders because most fireplaces do not have the correct tracks, pins, or hardware needed for fireplace replacement doors.
- A frame does not add that much cost to the door and can be a wonderful accent/finishing touch to your fireplace.
- We offer frames in 22 different finishes and colors so it is easy to match your décor.
- Do I need the frame or can I get the just get replacement glass?
What is the Difference Between Frames
- Frames range from simple anodized aluminum to guage welded steel frames. Frame widths refer to the outer portion of the fireplace doors.
- Aluminium alloys are anodized to increase corrosion resistance, to increase surface hardness, and to allow dyeing (coloring), improved lubrication, or improved adhesion.
- Steel is an alloy consisting mostly of iron, with a carbon content. As the gauge number increases, the material thickness decrease
What If I Don't Know My Model Number?
- You don't have to know your model number to get fireplace doors. All we need are the measurements of your fireplace.
- Just pick the doors you like and enter your measurements when you check out. We just need to know what size your fireplace is: Inside width X Inside Height.
Installing Mesh Doors for Your Fireplace
- Fireplace doors now come with a mesh door instead of a problematic metal curtain.
- Most doors on our site will accept a mesh door
- Watch our video: How to Install Mesh Screen Doors
Can I Burn a Fire with the Doors Closed?
- Technically you may burn a small fire with the door closed – however the definition of a small fire can vary wildly. There a few dangers in burning fires with the doors closed:
- It violates all manufacturer warranties and most established fire codes. Your firebox is made of metal and that it requires proper ventilation and cooling- if your firebox becomes too hot, it becomes a fire hazard.
- If you close your doors to build your fire – all the heat will go up your chimney instead of into the room.
- While we sell the highest quality tempered glass with all our doors, it is not made to withstand extremely high temperatures. – please call 800.897.7175 if you have questions.
- You may see that most of the pictures of fp doors show them in a closed position with a fire behind them, this is done by the manufacturer when they photograph the doors. This is an industry standard that is done for presentation purposes only.
Burning Real Wood? Consider Tinted Glass
Fireplace Door Resource Information:
Questions we need to answer and make articles for to help our customers:
- Can you make my doors with just my model number?
- How hard are these doors to install?
- Can I burn with the doors closed?
- What is an overlap fit fireplace door?
- What is an inside fit fireplace door?
- What is the difference in an adonized aluminum frame and a steel frame?
- How to install mesh gauged fireplace screen doors
- How easy is it to replace my ugly mesh curtains?
- Why do I need or want tinted glass fireplace doors?
- I have vents on top and or on bottom of my fireplace, will your doors obstruct them?
- What if I can't find my fireplace model number, can you still make doors to fit my fireplace?
- Is my fireplace vented or vent free?
- What is a vented fireplace?
- What is a vent free fireplace?
- What are the benefits of fireplace glass doors?
- Are your fireplace doors airtight?
- My fireplace manufacturer is out of business, can you make doors for my fireplace?
- Fireplace Doors cost comparison - Big Box Retailers
- Renovating your fireplace, should I get your doors first or wait?