You have no items in your shopping cart.
Winslow Fireplace Mantel
The Winslow antique style fireplace mantel surround provides balance and stability to your entire room with it’s classical theme that will exhibit to your guests the essence of heritage, tradition, and class. This mantel surround with beautiful trim, antique style carvings, and white finish, will stand as both the centerpiece and the final detail of your room. While this antique white mantel surround is classic, it is also affordable. Made of sturdy MDF (see below), this mantel is designed to display that classical antique style without the weight, worn character, and expense of an antique.
- Protected by our sitewide guarantee
- MDF mantel. White Paint..
- Full mantel with fluted leg/columns.
- Available in either a 48" or 56" opening.
- Want to use your own special color? Simply sand, prime and paint.
- Appliqués are packaged separately in the carton
- Easy to Install
Have more questions about rustic mantels? Want to know what kinds of rustic mantels there are? Check out our Definitive Guide to Rustic Mantels
MDF fireplace mantel: The low cost alternative to wood. This economical mantel is constructed from real wood fibers known as MDF. Primed MDF, or “Medium Density Fiberboard”, is valued for its defectfree composition and highly uniform density which allows us to create a strong, longlasting mantel with an economical finish. Once finished, an MDF mantel will stand as an enduring centerpiece for your family and friends to enjoy! 3 Pieces, simple nuts and bolts assembly included for easy installation. Mitered hanger board set up included for easy installation.
Before applying paint or stain to your wood mantel, we suggest that you lightly sand it followed by wiping it down with a damp cloth.
|Projection:||1 1/2"||1 1/2"|
|Width to outside leg at base:||66"||74"|
|Depth of leg at bottom:||4"||4"|
Installation Suggestions by the production team:
The hanger board measurement should be taken from the floor or the hearth (where the mantel legs will sit or the shelf will hang) to the bottom edge of the hanger board. When mounted correctly, the mantel or shelf will simply hang on the hanger board and in the case of the mantel, the legs will touch the floor or the hearth.
While the mantel's shelf is on the floor, put the loose wall hanger board that is in the box on to the hanger board that is mounted on the mantel shelf. Use your hand to hold the 2 pieces together. When together correctly, the 2 hanger boards will form a complete board.
Measure from the bottom of the leg down to the wall hanger board and record this measurement. Measure both the left and right sides to insure that you have a correct measurement.
Mark your recorded measurement on your wall, both left and right. Take the wall hanger board and mount it on the wall so that the bottom of the board is on your recorded marks. Check to see that your wall hanger board is centered over your firebox before mounting.
Once mounted, if the mantel or shelf doesn't seem to fit snugly to the wall, you may put a small shim of paper, cardboard, etc., to fill the gap where the 2 halves of the hanger board meet.
- The Winslow Review by TOMS CORNER.....Staff
- TOM'S CORNER........Hey......thanks for visiting my review of The Winslow Mantel. Every now and then you run up on a great sale that is unbelievable.. This is the case with this mantel. It offers all the luxury items such as dental molding, fluted legs, filigree centered in breast plate, projected crown mold on legs at a low price. One of the ways we keep the price down is by using MDF. Medium Density Fiberboard. MDF particle board is composed of 95% wood. Over time, the word "MDF" has become a generic name for any dry process fiber board. The board has a smooth surface that is paintable. Do not try to stain this product. Your mantel will arrive with a primer, you simply put the finish coat on. If you have desired an upgrade mantel at a low price, this is the mantel for you. If you have any questions please contact us at 800-897-7175 and one of our reps will assist you. Once again, thanks for reviewing this page.....................................Tom (Posted on 7/24/2014)