You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Woodbury Fireplace Mantel
The Woodbury is a rustic style wood fireplace mantel surround designed to bring an elegant but understated look to your living room. Made from stylized rustic real hardwood, the Woodbury will enhance the look of your room at a very economical price! This is the perfect wood fireplace surround to use with tile, marble, or stone fireplaces, and it can come in either its distressed finish (pictured) or unfinished so that you can paint or stain it to your own desired color or to match any rustic style. This solid wood fireplace is easily installed, and can get you just the right look for your room. At a great price and with its real wood makeup, we know you will love this full mantel fireplace surround!
- Protected by our sitewide guarantee
- Solid wood and wood veneers.
- Available unfinished and in No. 25 Tuscany Distressed finish.(pictured)
- Lengths 50" and 56"
- Mantel Return Depth 1 1/2" for use on Tile, Slate & Marble
- This Mantel not made for use on a Brick or Stone Return. (see below)
- Paint and stain grade - Light sanding and filling is recommended before paint or stain is applied.
- Mitered hanger board assembly included for easy installation
- Weight approx 71 lbs
The Woodbury Mantel is a gorgeous addtion to your fireplace surround. The Asian Hardwood Choi is a light colored tight grained wood which is similar in grain character to American White Oak and takes paint and stain beautifully. Light sanding and filling is recommended before paint or stain is applied.
Shown above in painted white. Main photo shown #25 Tuscany Distressed Finish
This mantel has a 1 1/2" projection off of the wall leaving a nice pocket behind the mantel to accommodate your tile, slate, marble.
NOTE: Most Brick and Stone surfaces require a larger return. The Woodbury's mantel projected return would in most cases require a larger return than it provides. However additional mounting (not provided) can be manufactured by customer and or handyman. Mantels must be installed before stone is applied. Due to jagged edges the mantel must be positioned on the wall, then mantle installed. Then stone installed. This allows the installer to be able to seal the stone around back of mantel.
Mantel ships in 3 pieces; 2 legs and 1 header.
Mantel Dimensions 50" & 56"
Put the mantel together by putting the main shelf on the floor, upside down. Next bolt on each leg with the hardware included with your mantel. This mantel does not come with miltered hangar board but is the suggestion from the production team. Hangar board can be obtained at most hardwar stores.
A hanger board may be fabricated using a 1x4, cut at a 45-degree angle. You may also cut a piece of wood that runs the length of the mantel shelf or use 2 blocks of wood that will be placed at either end of the mantel shelf. Set the mantel on the length of wood or blocks . Use finishing nails on back side of legs (right underneath the back overhang of the shelf) to fasten to length of wood or blocks.
The hanger board measurement should be taken from the floor or the hearth (where the mantel legs will sit or the shelf will hang) to the bottom edge of the hanger board. When mounted correctly, the mantel or shelf will simply hang on the hanger board and in the case of the mantel, the legs will touch the floor or the hearth.
While the mantel's shelf is on the floor, put the loose wall hanger board that is in the box on to the hanger board that is mounted on the mantel shelf. Use your hand to hold the 2 pieces together. When together correctly, the 2 hanger boards will form a complete board.
Measure from the bottom of the leg down to the wall hanger board and record this measurement. Measure both the left and right sides to insure that you have a correct measurement.
Mark your recorded measurement on your wall, both left and right. Take the wall hanger board and mount it on the wall so that the bottom of the board is on your recorded marks. Check to see that your wall hanger board is centered over your firebox before mounting.
Once mounted, if the mantel or shelf doesn't seem to fit snugly to the wall, you may put a small shim of paper, cardboard, etc., to fill the gap where the 2 halves of the hanger board meet.
- The Woodbury Fireplace Mantel Review by TOMS CORNER.....Staff
- TOM'S CORNER.....Hey............Thanks for reviewing The Woodbury Fireplace Mantel with me. This mantel is made of solid wood which will take both stain and paint after lightly sanding. A bold filigree is centered in the middle of the breast piece which gives it a luxery look. Combined with decorative trim pieces located on the top and bottom of the leg, The Woodbury will add to the formal look of any room. Available in two sizes, you only need to select width and return. It's easy to see why this is one of our preferred mantels. Should you have any questions regarding this mantel, please contact us at 800-897-7175 and our reps will be glad to assist you. Thanks.........................................................Tom
(Posted on 7/30/2014)