You have no items in your shopping cart.
Will Replacement Glass Doors Work On My Fireplace?
The low cost of replacement glass doors make them a favorite among renters, landlords, and other consumers looking for economy priced glass doors for their fireplace. Since the replacement glass doors do not come with a frame, the bi-fold glass panels attach to the firebox with pins which are inserted into a metal track that runs across the top of the firebox opening.
But these doors will not work on all fireplaces!
Here’s what you should know:
- You MUST have a prefab/zero clearance fireplace with a matching manufacturer/model number. Look for a manufacturer tag notice. The manufacturer tag, located on the inside of your firebox, will show you the manufacturer and model number of your fireplace.
- You MUST have pin holes on top and bottom and a track across the top of your firebox for the doors to attach to.
- Examine the bottom of your firebox opening. The raised metal piece is to hold back the curtain – it is not a track. The hole at the back at the corner edge is the hole your doors will snap into. Look for a hole in the bottom corner of your fireplace. Here is a close up of the hole – the bottom pin on your replacement glass will go in this hole.
- Examine the top of your firebox opening to see if you have a metal track. You can see the track has a channel for the top pin of your door to slide into. You need to have both parts: the track and the bracket.
- Don’t forget that your fireplace model number must be on the list.
We can usually ship our fireplace replacement doors within 48 business hours. These doors are fully assembled and ready to be installed. Constructed of anodized aluminum, these sturdy bi-fold doors are built to last. With your choice of black, stainless, or brass accents, these replacement doors add a finished look to your fireplace, help make your home more energy efficient, and provide a safety barrier for the firebox. The bi-fold, tempered- glass panels can be closed when the fire is dying out to help keep the warm air in your home and stop cold air from coming in from the chimney. Since you're not paying for a frame, these replacement doors are bargain priced. And they're a breeze to install. Simply take the doors out of the box and snap them into your existing track...it’s that easy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: What’s the difference in doors that come with a frame and the replacement glass doors that come without a frame?
- A: Some fireplace doors come with a frame which has a built-in track. The frame is installed in the firebox, then the bi-fold doors snap into the frame . The replacement glass doors do not have a frame, so they attach to a metal track that runs across the top of the firebox.
- Q: I just moved in my house and I have no idea the brand name and model number of my pre-fab fireplace. Can I order the replacement doors anyway?
- A: No. The reason is because fireplaces come in a variety of sizes. These glass doors need to be just the right fit. If the doors are just a fraction of an inch off, they will not line up and close properly.
- Q: Can I order the replacement glass doors if I don’t have a track? How can I tell if I have a track on my fireplace?
- A: These replacement glass doors will only work if you have an existing track on your fireplace. Since the doors consist of four glass panels, hinged together, they need some way to attach to your firebox. The track is a metal piece that goes across the top of your fireplace with holes on each end for the pins to attach to the doors.
- Q: Where can I buy a track if I don’t have one?
- A: We do not sell just the track. You might be able to find one but it will be difficult. We recommend you purchase fireplace doors that have a track built into their frame.
- Q: Where can I find the manufacturer and model number of my fireplace?
- A: Look in the upper right or left of your firebox opening and see if you can locate a metal tag with this information. The owner’s manual that came with your fireplace will have this information as well.
- Q: If I don’t see my fireplace brand and model number on your list, should I contact my fireplace’s manufacturer and have them make me a new replacement glass door?
- A: You could, but it’s probably an expensive option. Purchasing a custom set of glass doors in a frame would be a better choice.
- Q: What are my options if replacement doors won’t work on my fireplace? Do I need to buy a complete set of doors?
- A: Yes, you can purchase a quality set of fireplace glass doors that come in a sturdy aluminum or steel frame along with all the necessary hardware for installation.
How to Order Fireplace Glass Doors for Your Zero Clearance/Prefab Fireplace
- Locate the model number and manufacturer on your fireplace.
- Look to see if this model number is on the list of model numbers that work properly with the replacement doors.
- Then Make sure your fireplace has an existing track.
- Shop for Replacement Glass Doors
If you do not find your manufacturer and model number on the replacement doors list, simply measure the width and height of your firebox and we can get you fireplace doors with a frame based on your measurements. (TIP: If you choose this option and you have an existing track, simply unscrew and remove it since you won’t need it with the new doors.) Shop for Fireplace Doors Prefab Manufactured Fireplaces
If you have an existing track, unscrew and remove it since the new custom doors will come with a frame that has a built -in track. Click and Order Fireplace Doors In A Frame.