You have no items in your shopping cart.
5.0 Excellent 1 Review(s)
The EZ Door Steel for Preway Fireplaces
Strength of Steel - Compare to Other Doors Retailing over $500
The EZ Door Steel Fireplace Doors
- Quality Constructed 3/4" Low Profile Steel Frame for durability
- Fine Textured Black Finish (Powder Coat Finish)
- Available Only As An Inside Fit
- Tempered Bronze, Gray, or Clear Glass
- Bifold doors or Full Swing Trackless Bifold Doors
- Lifetime Warranty on Glass - 5 Year Warranty on the Frame
- Please Note:If your fireplace opening exceeds 44" x 28", check out our EZ Door Plus which has larger sizes available
The EZ Door Steel
A very popular resort called Callaway Gardens selected this door to update 150 of their vacation cottages. They chose the EZ Steel because of the great combination of strength, durability, looks, and price. The EZ Door Steel is truly the lowest priced custom steel frame fireplace door on the market, yet the quality is equal to or better than similar doors costing $500.00 or more.
Fire Safety tips here: Specifications & Warranty
Material: Main Frame: Steel: Fine Textured Black
Door Style: Bi-Fold
Glass: Heat Treated 1/4"
Warranty - 5 years against defects in materials and workmanship and lifetime warranty for the glass.
How to Measure for Prefab (Factory Built) Fireplace Doors.
If you have a model number listed on our website you will only need to verify your opening height and width.
When building your door from the ground up we need an extra set of measurements for recess depth) and your pictures sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. This allows us to be sure that our door system will work properly and we know that you have measured in the right places.
3. Top recess depth
4. Bottom recess depth
5. Side recess depth
How to Install the EZ Door Steel
For the majority of the fireplaces, we use a Frame with the 2 (Bi-Fold) Glass Doors to properly retrofit your fireplace.
This frame is installed by sliding the frame back into the opening approximately 3/4 inch. The frame is secured by 4 screws. Next the doors are snapped into the newly installed frame. This ensures a proper fit every time.
The EZ Steel Fireplace Doors are mounted inside the opening. See diagram below.
The recess depth is an important measurement because you want your fireplace doors and new frame pieces to lay flush to the fireplace. The new fireplace doors will need to push back in a little ways on all four sides and some of our doors require more recess depth than others.
Here is more information on measuring and installing your new fireplace doors.
- Best Value Prefab Door on the Market Review by Sam
- The EZ door is the lowest priced custom made door in the country. We maintain a stock inventory of doors for the most common manufactured fireplaces that can usually ship within 24 hours. We can also make you a custom door for your fireplace that will typically ship in 2 to 3 weeks. The EZ Door is a basic door that will stop the drafts and features clear 3/16” glass and tracked bifold doors.
Pro’s: Price, value, leadtime, and Custom Made in the USA. Compare this door across all of the Internet or your local shops and you will not find a better value - we guarantee it.
Con’s: Basic door with no upgrades or options.
Bottom Line: A great basic door for shopper’s looking for an economical solution for any prefab fireplace
(Posted on 6/17/2014) (Posted on 11/19/2015)