You have no items in your shopping cart.
Franklin Fireplace Mantel
The Franklin full fireplace mantel surround serves as a beautiful centerpiece for any home. This mantel surround is best described by its beautiful detailing. The moldings around the surround, the fluted design on the legs, and the accented shelf will add the stand out details that your room deserves! This beautifully ornate finished white mantel surround can be enjoyed as is, or changed to your favorite color with a quick sanding and a little paint.
- Protected by our sitewide guarantee
- MDF mantel. White Paint.
- Full mantel with fluted leg/columns.
- Want to use your own special color? Simply sand, prime and paint.
- Available with a 48" opening width
- Ready to Install.
The Franklin fireplace mantel is a economic and durable surround because it is made from dense MDF (see below). MDF will stand the test of time, which means that this mantel, whether left white, or styled to match your home decor, will stand in your home for many years! With its decoratively carved legs and accented shelf, this mantel assembles easily, and can even be custom sized to fit your fireplace or hold your favorite decor!
MDF fireplace mantel: The low cost alternative to wood This economical mantel is constructed from real wood fibers known as MDF. Primed MDF, or “Medium Density Fiberboard”, is valued for its defectfree composition and highly uniform density which allows us to create a strong, longlasting mantel with an economical finish. Once it’s finished and painted, this MDF mantel stands as an enduring centerpiece for your family and friends to enjoy!
Before applying paint or stain to your wood mantel, we suggest that you lightly sand it followed by wiping it down with a damp cloth.
|Width to outside leg at base:||58"|
|Depth of leg at botom:||2 1/4"|
Installation Suggestions by the production team:
The hanger board measurement should be taken from the floor or the hearth (where the mantel legs will sit or the shelf will hang) to the bottom edge of the hanger board. When mounted correctly, the mantel or shelf will simply hang on the hanger board and in the case of the mantel, the legs will touch the floor or the hearth.
While the mantel's shelf is on the floor, put the loose wall hanger board that is in the box on to the hanger board that is mounted on the mantel shelf. Use your hand to hold the 2 pieces together. When together correctly, the 2 hanger boards will form a complete board.
Measure from the bottom of the leg down to the wall hanger board and record this measurement. Measure both the left and right sides to insure that you have a correct measurement.
Mark your recorded measurement on your wall, both left and right. Take the wall hanger board and mount it on the wall so that the bottom of the board is on your recorded marks. Check to see that your wall hanger board is centered over your firebox before mounting.
Once mounted, if the mantel or shelf doesn't seem to fit snugly to the wall, you may put a small shim of paper, cardboard, etc., to fill the gap where the 2 halves of the hanger board meet.
- The Franklin Fireplace Mantel Review by TOMS CORNER.....Staff
- TOM,S CORNER.........Hey....thanks for taking the time to review the Franklin Fireplace Mantel. Just like in a good cake mix that you add a dash of this and a dash of that. That describes this mantel. With the addition of a little trim and fluted legs combined with the body being made of MDF., Medium Density Fiberboard. MDF particle board is composed of 95% wood. Over time, the word "MDF" has become a generic name for any dry process fiber board. The board has a smooth surface that is paintable. Do not try to stain this product. Your mantel will arrive with a primer, you simply put the finish coat on. Kinda like the icing on our cake mix . . Of course if you need some assistance, contact us at 800-897-7175. One of our representatives will be glad to help.................Thanks!!!!...........Tom
(Posted on 7/24/2014)