You have no items in your shopping cart.
Camden Fireplace Mantel
The clean lines and elegant carvings of the Camden classic mantel surround will peak interests and add style to your room. Made of sturdy MDF, the Camden Mantel comes in a beautiful white finish. If white isn’t your style, you can easily sand, and prime to add your own paint color and customize the look of this mantel to suit your home. The Camden full fireplace mantel surround, comes easy to install, and is designed to be a beautiful focal point in your room.
- This product is protected by our sitewide guarantee
- MDF mantel arrives with a final coat of white paint.
- Full mantel with fluted leg/columns.
- Want to use your own special color? Simply sand, prime and paint
- 48" opening width (see chart below)
- Ready to Install
Carved details in the fluted legs and a decorative face make this mantel stand out as much more that just a simple fireplace shelf. Whereas a traditional mantel shelf exists mainly for function, a full surround like the Camden maintains that function, while transforming the room with the addition of a beautifully styled centerpiece. Your mantel should serve a deeper purpose than just holding your stuff. This mantel, with it’s elegant surround and fluted legs, will change the way people feel when from other stores!
MDF fireplace mantel: The low cost alternative to wood. This economical mantel is constructed from real wood fibers known as MDF. Primed MDF, or “Medium Density Fiberboard”, is valued for its defectfree composition and highly uniform density which allows us to create a strong, longlasting mantel with an economical finish. Once it’s finished painting, this MDF mantel will stand as an enduring centerpiece for your family and friends to enjoy!
|Width to outside leg at base:||58"|
|Depth of leg at bottom:||3"|
Installation Suggestions by the production team:
The hanger board measurement should be taken from the floor or the hearth (where the mantel legs will sit or the shelf will hang) to the bottom edge of the hanger board. When mounted correctly, the mantel or shelf will simply hang on the hanger board and in the case of the mantel, the legs will touch the floor or the hearth.
While the mantel's shelf is on the floor, put the loose wall hanger board that is in the box on to the hanger board that is mounted on the mantel shelf. Use your hand to hold the 2 pieces together. When together correctly, the 2 hanger boards will form a complete board.
Measure from the bottom of the leg down to the wall hanger board and record this measurement. Measure both the left and right sides to insure that you have a correct measurement.
Mark your recorded measurement on your wall, both left and right. Take the wall hanger board and mount it on the wall so that the bottom of the board is on your recorded marks. Check to see that your wall hanger board is centered over your firebox before mounting.
Once mounted, if the mantel or shelf doesn't seem to fit snugly to the wall, you may put a small shim of paper, cardboard, etc., to fill the gap where the 2 halves of the hanger board meet.
- Camden Fireplace Mantel Review by TOMS CORNER.....Staff
- TOM'S CORNER.......Hey.....thank you for visiting our review of the Camden Fireplace Mantel. The Camden is recommended when you want quality with a touch of class. We can do this by using MDF, Medium Density Fiberboard. MDF particle board is composed of 95% wood. Over time, the word "MDF" has become a generic name for any dry process fiber board. The board has a smooth surface that is paintable. Do not try to stain this product. Your mantel will arrive with a primer, you simply put the finish coat on that matches your room decor. It doesnt get much easier than this. Of course if you need some assistance, contact us at 800-897-7175. One of our representatives will be glad to help.................Thanks!!!!...........Tom (Posted on 7/24/2014)