5.0 Excellent 11 Review(s)
EZ Door for Heatilator Fireplaces
Fits Dimensions Up to 42w x 22h
The EZ Fireplace Door with Aluminum Frame
- Fast Shipping on standard models (after confirmation)
- Stylish matte black aluminum frame
- Clear Glass Only Available for these fireplace doors
- Bifold track doors - bifold glass doors are a classic and functional way to cover a fireplace. The EZ Door bifold glass doors open a full 90 degrees with ease
- Please Note: The maximum size for the EZ door is 44" by 22". If your fireplace exceeds these dimensions, our EZ Door Steel fireplace door is an affordable, comparable option
- Practical Step-by-Step Guide To Purchasing Fireplace Doors
The EZ door is truly the lowest priced custom frame fireplace door on the market, yet the quality is anything but cheap – equal to or better than similar doors costing $500.00 or more.
Specifications & Warranty
Frame: 1 1/8" Width Black Anodized Aluminum
Door Style: Bi-Fold
Glass: Tempered 3/16" Safety Glass
Warranty: 2 year warranty against defects in materials, workmanship, and glass
Wondering what zero clearance, prefab, manufactured fireplace doors are? How these doors differ from masonry glass doors for your fireplace? Read our guide for zero clearance fireplace glass doors .
How To Measure For Prefab (Zero Clearance) Fireplace Doors
If you have a model number listed on our website you will only need to verify your opening height and width.
When building your door from the ground up we need an extra set of measurements for recess depth) and your pictures sent to email@example.com. This allows us to be sure that our door system will work properly and we know that you have measured in the right places.
3. Top recess depth
4. Bottom recess depth
5. Side recess depth
For the majority of the fireplaces, we use a Frame with the 2 (Bi-Fold) Glass Doors to properly retrofit your fireplace.
How To Install Prefab (Zero Clearance) Fireplace doors
This frame is installed by sliding the frame back into the opening approximately 1 1/8 inch. The frame is secured by 4 screws. Next the doors are snapped into the newly installed frame. This ensures a proper fit every time.
The EZ Fireplace Doors are mounted inside the opening. See diagram below.
The recess depth is an important measurement because you want your fireplace doors and new frame pieces to lay flush to the fireplace. The new fireplace doors will need to push back in a little ways on all four sides and some of our doors require more recess depth than others.
- Our new fireplace doors look great, and truly, just about anyone could install them. Review by Karen T
The Brick-Anew team was so patient answering my million and one questions before I would order the doors. Seriously, though, the doors are so easy to install - don't let that part prevent you from getting rid of your ugly doors!. (Posted on 3/12/2019)
- Heatilator Fireplace Doors Review by SP
We couldn't find replacement doors for our Heatialtor fireplace until we found you! Not only are the doors reasonably priced but you made it easy to order and install. (Posted on 2/7/2019)
- I had great experience with your company Review by Greg K
I had great experience with your company. The woman who answered the phone was wonderful spending nearly a 1/2 hour or more figuring out the model , measuring, and telling me how to install everything. So the installing went smoothly and the doors open and close beautifully and the mesh screen is just as nice..
(Posted on 12/29/2018)
- Very Happy With My New Heatilator Fireplace Doors Review by Bryan B
The doors installed very easily. About 15 minutes total. 4 screws secured the frame to the existing frame and then the doors popped right in and made a nice clean, factory look. Very happy with this product. (Posted on 12/18/2018)
- Wish I had done this sooner! Review by Stanley
We have needed doors for over 20 years. Who knew I could have doors on my fireplace and stop almost all the heating and air loss up my chimney. Very happy with the product, the great customer service and the fast shipping. (Posted on 11/14/2018)
- Thank-you for your great service and product. Review by Johnny
I've searched at the big box stores and they do not carry these zero clearance doors that I needed.
When I searched on the internet and put in my fireplace tag number your name popped up and you also had YouTube videos.
Your other great reviews convinced me to give you a try along with your return guarantee!
Here's a couple of before and after pictures. Had no problem fitting your doors and then I painted the rest of the fireplace so it would all match better.
Johnny (Posted on 10/8/2018)
- So glad we found you! Review by Steven
We are thrilled with our new Heatilator fireplace doors. It was so easy to order and even simpler to install. We waited for years to put doors on our fireplace. We are glad to have found you. (Posted on 6/27/2018)
- The EZ Doors look fabulous and were so easy to install!! Review by Michele A. (Guyton, GA)
- I love the EZ Doors. They look fantastic and a perfect fit. We have a wood burning fireplace and have been looking for doors for a while. I'm so thankful I found your website. I wanted doors to keep the warm air in during the cold months. The doors look fabulous and were so easy install. I loved dealing with Paul in your customer service department. It was very difficult to find doors in my area. It seemed like no one wanted to help me. I was so happy when I found your website with a great product and fantastic customer service!! (Posted on 1/3/2018)
- EASY TO INSTALL! Review by Review by Shannon B. (Boilingbrook, Illinois)
- I purchased the EZ Door for my fireplace. It was really easy to install and is made of quality materials. (Posted on 1/3/2018)
- Great Customer Service Review by David - Princeton Junction, NJ
- "My initial fears of buying my fireplace doors online were quickly laid to rest. The time spent rechecking and questions ask of me, made me more comfortable. Brick Anew's showed concern for making it right the first time! Great product, quality service." (Posted on 6/25/2014) (Posted on 11/19/2015)
- Best Value Prefab Door on the Market Review by Sam (Staff)
- The EZ door is the lowest priced custom made door in the country. We maintain a stock inventory of doors for the most common manufactured fireplaces that can usually ship within 24 hours. We can also make you a custom door for your fireplace that will typically ship in 2 to 3 weeks. The EZ Door is a basic door that will stop the drafts and features clear 3/16” glass and tracked bifold doors.
Pro’s: Price, value, leadtime, and Custom Made in the USA. Compare this door across all of the Internet or your local shops and you will not find a better value - we guarantee it.
Con’s: Basic door with no upgrades or options.
Bottom Line: A great basic door for shopper’s looking for an economical solution for any prefab fireplace
(Posted on 6/17/2014) (Posted on 11/19/2015)