You have no items in your shopping cart.
4.0 Excellent 1 Review(s)
The Haddonfield Fireplace Mantel
The Haddonfield Fireplace Mantel surround is made from hand crafted solid wood. As a modern piece with a midcentury design, it takes paint and stain beautifully due to its extremely durable hardwood makeup and inner core of MDF which gives this mantel it's extra strength. This luxurious fireplace mantel and surround is detailed all the way around, and comes with everything you’ll need for installation. This is exactly what your home needs to complete your modern style, call us with any questions or start your purchase and begin enjoying your new mantel in no time!
- Protected by our sitewide guarantee
- Solid wood and wood veneers.
- Available unfinished only.
- Mantel Length 50"
- Mitered hanger board assembly included for easy installation
- Paint grade.
- Appliqués are packaged separately.
- Plinth Base Pairs: (sold separately) used for extra height
- Weight: 113 pounds
The luxurious Haddonfield Mantel features fine quality, stunning details and classic designs that will enhance any decor. This is a hardwood pre-sanded fireplace mantel (Solid wood and wood veneers). Also combining MDF made from wood scraps makes it more environmentally friendly.
The mantel ships in 3 pieces; 2 legs and 1 header. The legs attach easily to the header with nuts and bolts.
Mitered hanger board assembly included for easy installation as well as a 3 piece mitered scribe molding set to hide any gaps after installation.
This mantel has a 1 1/2" projection off of the wall leaving a nice pocket behind the mantel to accommodate your tile, stone, marble etc.
Mantel Dimensions 50"
Put the mantel together by putting the main shelf on the floor, upside down. Next bolt on each leg with the hardware included with your mantel. This mantel does not come with miltered hangar board but is the suggestion from the production team. Hangar board can be obtained at most hardwar stores.
A hanger board may be fabricated using a 1x4, cut at a 45-degree angle. You may also cut a piece of wood that runs the length of the mantel shelf or use 2 blocks of wood that will be placed at either end of the mantel shelf. Set the mantel on the length of wood or blocks . Use finishing nails on back side of legs (right underneath the back overhang of the shelf) to fasten to length of wood or blocks.
The hanger board measurement should be taken from the floor or the hearth (where the mantel legs will sit or the shelf will hang) to the bottom edge of the hanger board. When mounted correctly, the mantel or shelf will simply hang on the hanger board and in the case of the mantel, the legs will touch the floor or the hearth.
While the mantel's shelf is on the floor, put the loose wall hanger board that is in the box on to the hanger board that is mounted on the mantel shelf. Use your hand to hold the 2 pieces together. When together correctly, the 2 hanger boards will form a complete board.
Measure from the bottom of the leg down to the wall hanger board and record this measurement. Measure both the left and right sides to insure that you have a correct measurement.
Mark your recorded measurement on your wall, both left and right. Take the wall hanger board and mount it on the wall so that the bottom of the board is on your recorded marks. Check to see that your wall hanger board is centered over your firebox before mounting.
Once mounted, if the mantel or shelf doesn't seem to fit snugly to the wall, you may put a small shim of paper, cardboard, etc., to fill the gap where the 2 halves of the hanger board meet.
Suggested Preparation Before Painting or Staining:
Light sanding and filling is recommended before paint or stain is applied.
Before applying paint or stain to your wood mantel, we suggest that you lightly sand it followed by wiping it down with a damp cloth. When painting, we suggest using 2 coats of a stain blocking primer. Follow the instructions on the can. For staining, please follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Plinth's add height when you need it on wood mantels:
Plinth Base Pair Available in Unfinished. No. 40 Mission Oak, No. 30 Fruitwood, No. 50 Medium Oak Distressed (additional fee's apply) Finishes will vary from photo's as all mantels are unique. (shown here from left to right)
- The Haddonfield Fireplace Mantel Review by TOMS CORNER.....Staff
- TOMS CORNER.......Hey............thanks for visiting the review of the Haddonfield Fireplace Mantel. New technology mixes with old and a new creation is made. By taking solid wood which can be painted or stained and using the inner core of MDF (Medium-density fibreboard (MDF) an engineered wood product formed by breaking down hardwood or softwood residuals into wood fibers, often in a defibrillator. It is then combined with wax, resin, and forming panels by applying high temperature and pressure. MDF is denser than plywood and particle board.) which can be painted but not stained. This keeps the price down but allows a stain finish to be applied if desired on the outer wood pieces. Then add the wood trim and this becomes a premier deluxe mantel ready to be a focal point in the room. An amazing technique resulting in a new innovation makes this mantel a winner in an green environmental conscience attitude of building. If you have any questions please call us at 800-897-7175, our reps will be glad to assist you.
Thanks.........................................Tom (Posted on 8/1/2014)