You have no items in your shopping cart.
5.0 Excellent 1 Review(s)
The Flemmington Fireplace Mantel
- Scalloped mantel surround Asian Choi wood
- Mantel Lengths Available 48" and 58"
- Available Unfinished or No. 30 Fruitwood finish.
- Mitered hanger board assembly included for easy installation.
- 2 piece mitered scribe molding set to hide any gaps after installation.
- Plinth's can be added when extra height is needed (see details below)
- Paint and Stain grade
- Weight 106lbs (approx)
The Flemmington Fireplace Mantel is hand crafted from an Asian hardwood called Choi. Choi is a light colored tight grained wood which is similar in grain character to American White Oak and takes paint and stain beautifully.
Mantel ships in 3 pieces; 2 legs and 1 header. The legs attach easily to the header with nuts and bolts. Mitered hanger board assembly included for easy installation as well as a 2 piece mitered scribe molding set to hide any gaps after installation.
This mantel has a 1 1/2" projection off of the wall leaving a nice pocket behind the mantel to accommodate your tile, stone, marble etc.
Mantel Dimensions 48" & 58"
Put the mantel together by putting the main shelf on the floor, upside down. Next bolt on each leg with the hardware included with your mantel. This mantel does not come with miltered hangar board but is the suggestion from the production team. Hangar board can be obtained at most hardwar stores.
A hanger board may be fabricated using a 1x4, cut at a 45-degree angle. You may also cut a piece of wood that runs the length of the mantel shelf or use 2 blocks of wood that will be placed at either end of the mantel shelf. Set the mantel on the length of wood or blocks . Use finishing nails on back side of legs (right underneath the back overhang of the shelf) to fasten to length of wood or blocks.
The hanger board measurement should be taken from the floor or the hearth (where the mantel legs will sit or the shelf will hang) to the bottom edge of the hanger board. When mounted correctly, the mantel or shelf will simply hang on the hanger board and in the case of the mantel, the legs will touch the floor or the hearth.
While the mantel's shelf is on the floor, put the loose wall hanger board that is in the box on to the hanger board that is mounted on the mantel shelf. Use your hand to hold the 2 pieces together. When together correctly, the 2 hanger boards will form a complete board.
Measure from the bottom of the leg down to the wall hanger board and record this measurement. Measure both the left and right sides to insure that you have a correct measurement.
Mark your recorded measurement on your wall, both left and right. Take the wall hanger board and mount it on the wall so that the bottom of the board is on your recorded marks. Check to see that your wall hanger board is centered over your firebox before mounting.
Once mounted, if the mantel or shelf doesn't seem to fit snugly to the wall, you may put a small shim of paper, cardboard, etc., to fill the gap where the 2 halves of the hanger board meet.
Plinth's add height when you need it to our luxury wood mantels:
Plinth Base Pair Available in Unfinished. No. 40 Mission Oak, No. 30 Fruitwood, No. 50 Medium Oak Distressed (additional fee's apply) Finishes will vary from photo's as all mantels are unique. (shown here from left to right)
Suggested Preparation Before Painting or Staining:
Light sanding and filling is recommended before paint or stain is applied.
Before applying paint or stain to your wood mantel, we suggest that you lightly sand it followed by wiping it down with a damp cloth. When painting, we suggest using 2 coats of a stain blocking primer. Follow the instructions on the can. For staining, please follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- The Flemington Fireplace Mantel Review by TOMS CORNER.....Staff
- TOM'S CORNER.......Bonjour mon ami.....no doubt about it, this has a French look quite unique to most mantels available on the market. The scrolled legs and breast plate has deluxe written all over it. Since it is hand crafted solid wood, this mantel can be painted or stained any color to complete the decor look you are trying to achieve. Then when you compare the price you will realize you are getting top quality at a competitive price. If you have any questions we hope you will contact us at 800-897-7175 and our reps will be glad to assist you. Thanks and as we say in the South...Ya'll Come Back Now, Hear?? ................................................Tom (Posted on 8/1/2014)