You have no items in your shopping cart.
We care about getting your order right the first time. That’s why we provide each of our customers with their own friendly, personal fireplace door consultant to answer any questions and make sure your firebox measurements are correct so the door you order will fit perfectly.
There’s no need to stress if you have doubts about how you’re measuring. Simply place your order with the measurements of your firebox opening to the best of your knowledge. After we receive your order, a fireplace door consultant will be in touch with you shortly to confirm your order, check your measurements, and make any changes necessary before your order goes to production.
So go ahead and place your order now with confidence and we look forward to talking with you soon!
The Merino is a custom glass door for zero clearance fireplaces. It has a slim 1" frame width, allowing for maximum viewing of your fire.
Design features of Merino prefab fireplace door include include hidden, recessed hinges which allow the doors to fit under/inside the main frame.
Choose from four power coat and overlay finishes and Clear or Grey glass color for your fireplace door.
Photo (left) shows the corner of solid steel frame and thickness.
This frame is installed by sliding the frame back into the opening approximately 3/4 to approx 1 inch. Features hidden, recessed hinges which allow the doors to fit under/inside the main frame.
Specifications & Warranty
MaterialMain Frame: 14 ga. Steel
Door Style: Cabinet
Glass: Heat Treated 1/4" Tempered
5 Year Warranty - against defects in materials and workmanship and 1 year warranty on glass
The Merino fireplace door is made of quality material and it is an ideal choice for your zero clearance fireplace. Merino glass doors are a perfect fit for your zero clearance fireplace and enhance the decor of any room. Make your fireplace the focal point of your home with this elegance and unique style.
- Current Lead Time: Ships in 10 days Standard Sizes (4 Weeks Custom Sizes)
- 14 gauge Steel Constructed Frame for strength and durability
- Frame Face: Width: 1" Depth: 3/4"
- Choose Damper Control: None or Hidden
- Optional Mesh: Curtain Rod w/ Hanging Mesh
- 4 Beautiful Powder Coat Finishes or 4 Colored Overlays
- Maximum Overlap 3/4"
- Proudly Made in the USA
Carefully remove the glass doors from the ZC ReFace Enclosure to make the it lighter for installation and to help prevent damage to the glass doors and the finish. NOTE: Frameless TotalView doors are not shipped installed. They will be found packaged in cardboard inside the master shipping carton.
Remove the optional Cabinet Mesh Screen Doors from the enclosure if they were ordered.
If Hanging Mesh Screens were ordered, instructions for installing them are packed with the screens. ▪ The mesh screen panels will be packed flat between layers of cardboard. Be careful not to discard the screens accidentally.
Set aside all of the parts removed in a safe place.
Remove any protective plastic film from any polished metal trim or overlay material on the ZC Glass Door frame or doors if applicable.
Start the Pressure Screws into the mounting tabs on the back side of the ZC Glass Door frame.
Set the ZC Glass Door frame into the ZC Fireplace firebox opening.
○ Check that the OEM screens (if retained) will operate smoothly with the new ZC Glass Doors installed. ○ If the OEM screens will not operate correctly contact your Brick Anew dealer to order screens to fit into the ZC Glass Doors.
CAUTION: Screens must be installed and operate properly on your ZC-Fireplace before lighting a fire. Never light a wood fire without proper screens installed on the ZC-Fireplace.
Center the ZC Glass Door in the firebox opening. Tighten the Pressure Screws evenly. Don’t over-tighten. (Figure 1) NOTE: All Glass Doors for ZC-Fireplaces are engineered with air spaces around the frame and air-gaps in the glass. These air-gaps are essential to help cool the ZC-Fireplace should the glass doors be closed during operation. Figure 1 shows an inside fit with gaps around the perimeter of the Glass Door. Overlap style doors will have air-gaps on the sides of the frame or behind the frame. Never use insulation or sealant on ZC Glass Door installations.
Under no circumstances should these air-gaps be tampered with or altered in any way.
Check that the ZC Glass Door frame is aligned level, straight, and square.
Replace the Glass Doors. Discard the shipping hinge screws if used. Use the color-matched permanent hinge pins that are taped to the glass doors if needed. NOTE: Some door styles use hinges that do not need separate hinge pins. NOTE: If the glass doors do not close properly or do not lay flat against the frame, the frame is most likely twisted. Loosen the pressure screws on the side of the frame opposite the glass door that is away from the frame. Move the bottom corner of the frame out until the doors line up properly. Retighten the pressure screw (s). NOTE: Failure to align the ZC Glass Doors properly may result in glass breakage or other damage directly attributable to improper installation.
Replace the Mesh Screen Doors if they were ordered with the ZC Glass Door. NOTE: If your are using the OEM screens that are part of the ZC-Fireplace make sure that they operate freely with the ZC Glass Door securely mounted. See CAUTION above.
- The Merino Review by TOMS CORNER.....Staff
- TOM'S CORNER......Hey.........welcome to Tom's Corner. Had a rough day? Kick back, pour a nice cup of your favorite coffee and enjoy your fireplace with a new Merino glass door. The 14 gauge steel frame means you will be able to use this door for many years to come. The full view design allows you to see more of your opening. This door is an example of simple design, American Quality Construction, easy installation at an affordable price. So let your new fireplace door take some of the stress off. As always, if you have any questions please call 800-897-7175 and one of our representatives will help you. Thanks........................................Tom (Posted on 6/27/2014)