Buying a Factory Built Fireplace Door
- A factory built fireplace door has a metal chimney and front face with refractory panels lining the firebox.
- Remember, correct size is critical for proper fit, ventilation, & performance.
- We encourage our customers to shop the competition and compare prices.
How To Measure For Factory Doors
- Follow the instructions in this short video that explains how to properly measure for factory built zero clearance fireplace doors.
- If you need help please call us at 800.897.7175 or send us an email at email@example.com
- We will be glad to help you in any part of the door ordering process.
How To Install Factory Fireplace Doors
- Installing factory built fireplace doors is simple
- A screwdriver, a drill, and a little time and you can install doors yourself, quickly and easily.
- If you need help please call us at 800.897.7175 or send us an email and we will be glad to help you in any part of the door ordering process.
Can I Burn a Fire with the Doors Closed?
Technically you may burn a small fire with the door closed – however the definition of a small fire can vary wildly. There are a few dangers in burning fires with the doors closed:
- It violates all manufacturer warranties and most established fire codes. Your firebox is made of metal and that it requires proper ventilation and cooling- if your firebox becomes too hot, it becomes a fire hazard.
- If you close your doors to build your fire – all the heat will go up your chimney instead of into the room.
- While we sell the highest quality tempered glass with all our doors, it is not made to withstand extremely high temperatures. – please call 800.897.7175 if you have questions.
- You may see that most of the pictures of fp doors show them in a closed position with a fire behind them, this is done by the manufacturer when they photograph the doors. This is an industry standard that is done for presentation purposes only.
Keep the Doors Open for Large Fires!
Do I Need a Frame – Can I Just Get the Glass?
- Frames are required for about 90% of all door orders because most fireplaces do not have the correct tracks, pins, or hardware needed for fireplace replacement doors.
- A frame does not add that much cost to the door and can be a wonderful accent/finishing touch to your fireplace.
- We offer frames in 22 different finishes and colors so it is easy to match your décor. Learn more about replacement fireplace doors without frame.
What is the Difference Between Frames?
- Frames range from simple anodized aluminum to guage welded steel frames. Frame widths refer to the outer portion of the fireplace doors.
- Aluminium alloys are anodized to increase corrosion resistance, to increase surface hardness, and to allow dyeing (coloring), improved lubrication, or improved adhesion.
- Steel is an alloy consisting mostly of iron, with a carbon content. As the gauge number increases, the material thickness decreases.
Burning Real Wood? Consider Tinted Glass
What If I Don't Know My Model Number?
- You don't have to know your model number to get fireplace doors. All we need are the measurements of your fireplace.
- Just pick the doors you like and enter your measurements when you check out. We just need to know what size your fireplace is: Inside width X Inside Height.
- Check out our video on measuring if you are not sure how, orfeel free to call us at 800.897.7175
Installing Mesh Doors for Your Fireplace
Installing masonry fireplace doors is simple - all you need is a screwdriver, a drill,and a little time and you can install doors yourself, quickly and easily.
- Fireplace doors now come with a mesh door instead of a problematic metal curtain.
- Most doors on our site will accept a mesh door
- Watch our video: How to Install Mesh Screen Doors