You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Hampton Fireplace Mantel
The Hampton full fireplace mantel surround has a clean mission style design with an arched opening which will cozy up any fireplace whether your desired feel for your home is more contemporary, comfortable, or casual. Hand crafted from the easily painted Asian hardwood, Choi, this fireplace mantel can come in different finishes, or can arrive unfinished and be painted or stained by you. This is a classic design that we know will change the feel of your entire home. Made from real hardwood, with its gentle arch and beautifully decorated surround, this classically designed mantel is exactly what your fireplace needs! We provide everything you will need to install this beautiful mantel, and will ship it to you free!
- Protected by our sitewide guarantee
- Crafted from Hardwood similar to American white oak
- Mantel Lengths 48" and 56"
- Available Unfinished and No 50 Medium Oak Distressed for an additional cost
- Paint and Stain Grade
- Mitered hanger board assembly included
- Weight: 102 lbs.
- Plinth's can be added when extra height is needed (see details below)
The Hampton is made of Choi which is a light colored tight grained wood similar in grain character to American White Oak and takes paint and stain beautifully.
Mantel ships in 3 pieces; 2 legs and 1 header. The legs attach easily to the header with nuts and bolts.
Mitered hanger board assembly included for easy installation as well as a 3 piece mitered scribe molding set to hide any gaps after installation.
This mantel has a 1 1/2" projection off of the wall leaving a nice pocket behind the mantel to accommodate your tile, stone, marble etc.
Available Unfinshed and No 50 Medium Oak Distressed:
Mantel Dimensions 48" & 56"
Put the mantel together by putting the main shelf on the floor, upside down. Next bolt on each leg with the hardware included with your mantel. This mantel does not come with miltered hangar board but is the suggestion from the production team. Hangar board can be obtained at most hardware stores.
A hanger board may be fabricated using a 1x4, cut at a 45-degree angle. You may also cut a piece of wood that runs the length of the mantel shelf or use 2 blocks of wood that will be placed at either end of the mantel shelf. Set the mantel on the length of wood or blocks . Use finishing nails on back side of legs (right underneath the back overhang of the shelf) to fasten to length of wood or blocks.
The hanger board measurement should be taken from the floor or the hearth (where the mantel legs will sit or the shelf will hang) to the bottom edge of the hanger board. When mounted correctly, the mantel or shelf will simply hang on the hanger board and in the case of the mantel, the legs will touch the floor or the hearth.
While the mantel's shelf is on the floor, put the loose wall hanger board that is in the box on to the hanger board that is mounted on the mantel shelf. Use your hand to hold the 2 pieces together. When together correctly, the 2 hanger boards will form a complete board.
Measure from the bottom of the leg down to the wall hanger board and record this measurement. Measure both the left and right sides to insure that you have a correct measurement.
Mark your recorded measurement on your wall, both left and right. Take the wall hanger board and mount it on the wall so that the bottom of the board is on your recorded marks. Check to see that your wall hanger board is centered over your firebox before mounting.
Once mounted, if the mantel or shelf doesn't seem to fit snugly to the wall, you may put a small shim of paper, cardboard, etc., to fill the gap where the 2 halves of the hanger board meet.
Plinth's add height when you need it to our luxury wood mantels:
Plinth Base Pair Available in Unfinished. No. 40 Mission Oak, No. 30 Fruitwood, No. 50 Medium Oak Distressed (additional fee's apply) Finishes will vary from photo's as all mantels are unique. (shown here from left to right)
- The Hampton Fireplace Mantel Review by TOMS CORNER.....Staff
- TOM'S CORNER.......Hey...... Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Fireplace Mantel. You can almost see the Christmas tree in the corner, pies in the oven and gifts piled up around the tree when you look at this mantel. Handcrafted hardwood, decorated with trim ready for paint or stain. There is no hesitation in paying a more expensive price when one sees all it has to offer. Bold accents on the face of the mantel combined with the arch breast plate makes for a true deluxe furniture quality. If you have any questions about the Hampton Mantel, please dont hesitate to call us at 800-897-7175 and one our reps will be glad to assist you. Thanks.....................Tom (Posted on 8/1/2014)