You have no items in your shopping cart.
Brick Anew Installation Guide for Fireplace Glass Doors
Now that you have purchased your new fireplace doors, you need to know the details on how you will be installing them. First we will address a few frequently asked questions that we get from most of our customers on a daily basis.
- Will I need a professional to Install my new doors?
- Not at all. If you can hang a picture frame, you can install fireplace doors yourself. The process is easy and can be done with a few common tools.
- What tools will I need for installation?
- Electric drill, drill bits, and a Phillips screwdriver.
- What if I run into problems installing my fireplace glass doors?
- At Brick-Anew we stand behind our products - if you have any questions you can call us and speak with a certified fireplace door specialist that can help you with any problems you may encounter. 800.897.7175
Step One: Installing New Fireplace Doors
- Put the brackets on the side panels.
- Use the self tapping screws to secure your frame into the firebox opening.
- Make sure your frame is even.
- After you have secured the frame, put the glass into the frame to complete your fireplace door installation.
- Position the frame in the fireplace and center the frame between the left and right side of the fireplace opening.
- It is Important that the frame is installed with the correct side up to insure smooth operation of the doors. The bottom frame rail is marked by a red dot.
- Slide the brackets on the backside of the frame and position them against your fireplace box. Hand tighten the bracket. Mark the fireplace at each hole in the 4 angle brackets.
- Remove the frame, drill the 4 holes your marked with the 5/32 drill bit.
- Re-position the frame back into the fireplace and secure the frame using the sheet metal screws using a #2 Phillips screwdriver for each angle bracket making sure you don't over tighten! The enclosure may be centered by loosening one side and tightening the other.
Step Two: Attaching the Doors:
- With the handle at the top (handles must be at the top) fold door together, and locate the bottom door pivot pin.
- With panel door at 45 degree angle, place door pivot pin into the frame bottom receiving hole clip.
- Press down on door and slide until top pin slides into the top receiving hole clip.
- Repeat Steps for remaining door.
What to Expect When You Get Your FIreplace Doors.
When your fireplace glass doors arrive, you want to make sure you are prepared.
This video shows you what to expect, along with a check list for what you should have in your box.
Let Brick-Anew Help you get the perfect fireplace glass doors for you:
For a complete list of how to articles, guides, tips, tricks, and other information related to fireplace doors, check out our Fireplace Door Information Center.