You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Somerset Fireplace Mantel
The Somerset is an arched wood fireplace mantel surround with a classic design. Wow family and friends who visit your home with this mantel’s decorative panels and beautiful finish! This mantel is made with both hardwood and wood veneers to give it a true stained look, while keeping the cost low and the installation easy!
- Protected by our sitewide guarantee
- Graceful arched full mantel surround Asian hardwood
- Mantel Lengths Available in 48" and 56"
- Available Unfinished or No. 50 Medium Oak Distressed
- Mitered hanger board included for easy installation Plinth Base Pairs are available to add extra height to your mantel.
- Light sanding and filling is recommended before paint or stain is applied.
- Paint and stain grade wood
- Weight 86lbs. (approx)
The Somerset comes in our very popular medium distressed oak finish, but can also be delivered to you unfinished. Paint or stain this hardwood unfinished arched fireplace to get your favorite look or to match any decor. See below for specific installation instruction or give us a call today with any questions. This is a great piece that we know you will love, and we can’t wait to get it into your home!
The Somerset Fireplace Mantel is shown above in a finished in a warm Medium Oak Distressed. The Asian Hardwood Choi is a light colored tight grained wood which is similar in grain character to American White Oak.
The mantel ships in 3 pieces; 2 legs and 1 header. The legs attach easily to the header with nuts and bolts. 3 piece mitered scribe molding set included to hide any gaps after installation. This mantel has a 1 1/2" projection off of the wall leaving a nice pocket behind the mantel to accommodate your tile, stone, marble etc.
Mantel Dimensions 48" & 56"
Put the mantel together by putting the main shelf on the floor, upside down. Next bolt on each leg with the hardware included with your mantel. This mantel does not come with miltered hangar board but is the suggestion from the production team. Hangar board can be obtained at most hardwar stores.
A hanger board may be fabricated using a 1x4, cut at a 45-degree angle. You may also cut a piece of wood that runs the length of the mantel shelf or use 2 blocks of wood that will be placed at either end of the mantel shelf. Set the mantel on the length of wood or blocks . Use finishing nails on back side of legs (right underneath the back overhang of the shelf) to fasten to length of wood or blocks.
The hanger board measurement should be taken from the floor or the hearth (where the mantel legs will sit or the shelf will hang) to the bottom edge of the hanger board. When mounted correctly, the mantel or shelf will simply hang on the hanger board and in the case of the mantel, the legs will touch the floor or the hearth.
While the mantel's shelf is on the floor, put the loose wall hanger board that is in the box on to the hanger board that is mounted on the mantel shelf. Use your hand to hold the 2 pieces together. When together correctly, the 2 hanger boards will form a complete board.
Measure from the bottom of the leg down to the wall hanger board and record this measurement. Measure both the left and right sides to insure that you have a correct measurement.
Mark your recorded measurement on your wall, both left and right. Take the wall hanger board and mount it on the wall so that the bottom of the board is on your recorded marks. Check to see that your wall hanger board is centered over your firebox before mounting.
Once mounted, if the mantel or shelf doesn't seem to fit snugly to the wall, you may put a small shim of paper, cardboard, etc., to fill the gap where the 2 halves of the hanger board meet.
Plinth's add height when you need it to our luxury wood mantels:
Plinth Base Pair Available in Unfinished. No. 40 Mission Oak (additional fee's apply) Finish will vary from photos as all mantels are unique. (shown here from left to right)
Suggested Preparation Before Painting or Staining:
Light sanding and filling is recommended before paint or stain is applied.
Before applying paint or stain to your wood mantel, we suggest that you lightly sand it followed by wiping it down with a damp cloth. When painting, we suggest using 2 coats of a stain blocking primer. Follow the instructions on the can. For staining, please follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- The Somerset Fireplace Mantel Review by TOMS CORNER.....Staff
- TOM'S CORNER.........Hey......Thank you for joining me on the review of the Somerset Fireplace Mantel. We are now reviewing a mantel which is worthy of installing in High Price Deluxe Homes. In many cases a trim man has to build the mantel that is twice the price for a deluxe home. The Somerset with its arch, filigree mounted boldly on the breast plate, trim inlaid on the legs and finally a shelf combined with curves and blocks for the regal look. Two widths available in finished or unfinished wood for stain or paint. Our price beats the competition with a like product every time.
Ok, think its time to order? If you have any questions, please call 800-897-7175 and our reps will be glad to assist you. Thanks.........Tom (Posted on 7/30/2014)