You have no items in your shopping cart.
5.0 Excellent 1 Review(s)
The Alexandria Fireplace Mantel
The Alexandria Fireplace Mantel and surround is a beautiful piece that adds elegance to your home. With an arched center and classic design, this fireplace mantel and surround will certainly be the focal point of any room in your home. This full fireplace mantel and surround comes in a distressed cherry finish or can be finished in a number of options at no charge (see below). If you desire, this surround can also be sent unfinished and prepared to receive a paint or stain of your own design. With it’s gentle arch, beautifully decorated surround, and easy installation, this full fireplace mantel can be the perfect piece to create the room you always wanted!
- Protected by our sitewide guarantee
- Full arched mantel surround - Choi wood
- Available Mantel Lengths 48" and 56" - Unfinished
- 48" Available Finished No. 70 Cherry Distressed at additional cost.
- 56" Available Finished in at additional cost.
- Straight Plinth Base Pairs can be used where extra height is needed. (see below)
- Paint and stain grade
- Weight 95 lbs.
The Alexandria's half round columns and gentle arch create an ambiance of elegance, warmth and home.
Photo's shown above are No. 80 French Country and No. 70 Cherry Distressed. As every mantel is unique your finish may vary slightly.
Mantel ships in 3 pieces; 2 legs and 1 header. The legs attach easily to the header with nuts and bolts. Mitered hanger board assembly included for easy installation as well as a 3 piece mitered scribe molding set to hide any gaps after installation.
This mantel has a 1 1/2" projection off of the wall leaving a nice pocket behind the mantel to accommodate your tile, stone, marble etc
Available Unfinished and our 48"length is available in both No. 80 French Country and No. 70 Cherry Distressed. Our 56"model is only available unfinished and No. 80 French Country. Finishes shown here are not available for both mantels.
Mantel Dimensions 48" & 56"
Put the mantel together by putting the main shelf on the floor, upside down. Next bolt on each leg with the hardware included with your mantel. This mantel does not come with miltered hangar board but is the suggestion from the production team. Hangar board can be obtained at most hardwar stores.
A hanger board may be fabricated using a 1x4, cut at a 45-degree angle. You may also cut a piece of wood that runs the length of the mantel shelf or use 2 blocks of wood that will be placed at either end of the mantel shelf. Set the mantel on the length of wood or blocks . Use finishing nails on back side of legs (right underneath the back overhang of the shelf) to fasten to length of wood or blocks.
The hanger board measurement should be taken from the floor or the hearth (where the mantel legs will sit or the shelf will hang) to the bottom edge of the hanger board. When mounted correctly, the mantel or shelf will simply hang on the hanger board and in the case of the mantel, the legs will touch the floor or the hearth.
While the mantel's shelf is on the floor, put the loose wall hanger board that is in the box on to the hanger board that is mounted on the mantel shelf. Use your hand to hold the 2 pieces together. When together correctly, the 2 hanger boards will form a complete board.
Measure from the bottom of the leg down to the wall hanger board and record this measurement. Measure both the left and right sides to insure that you have a correct measurement.
Mark your recorded measurement on your wall, both left and right. Take the wall hanger board and mount it on the wall so that the bottom of the board is on your recorded marks. Check to see that your wall hanger board is centered over your firebox before mounting.
Once mounted, if the mantel or shelf doesn't seem to fit snugly to the wall, you may put a small shim of paper, cardboard, etc., to fill the gap where the 2 halves of the hanger board meet.
Plinth's add height when you need it to our luxury wood mantels:
Straight Plinth Base Pair Available in Unfinished, No 50 Medium Oak Distressed, No 80 French Country and No 70 Cherry Distressed as shown in the photo below. (left to right).
Paint and or Stain suggestions:
Before applying paint or stain to your wood mantel, we suggest that you lightly sand it followed by wiping it down with a damp cloth. When painting, we suggest using 2 coats of a stain blocking primer. Follow the instructions on the can. For staining, please follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- The Alexandria Fireplace Mantel Review by TOMS CORNER.....Staff
- TOM'S CORNER.............Hey............Thanks for visiting our site where we are reviewing the Alexandria Mantel. Just looking at this mantel installed kinda takes your breath away. The large shelf with a bold strong look and the columns seal the deal. I like the white paint best but the stain looks good also. Most trim men dont like making a mantel with so much precision required. But to us, our talented mantel workers look forward to handcrafting quality and looks into each one of these mantels. Ordering is easy and our reps can be reached at 800-897-7175 to answer your questions. Quality, Price and Pride is what we have to offer. Thanks...Tom (Posted on 7/30/2014)